Thirteen Practical Tips to Create Change in Your Personal and Professional Life
Try a few out and let us know how which work well for you and if you have any constructive feedback for refinement.
- Take care of yourself so you can help take care of others.
- Don’t hurt yourself – don’t hurt others.
- Use everything for your upliftment, growth, and learning.
- Rise early in the morning or stay up late at night to enjoy a period of silence and solitude.
- Set the tone for your day by doing something leisurely, like watching the sunrise, spiritual
reading, journal writing, prayer or listening to music.
- Set an intention for your day and live deliberately. Be present and participate fully.
- Create balance in your life. Set up a routine and stick to it, but know when it’s time to
deliberately break from the routine.
- Stop a few times during the day to check in with yourself. Remind yourself of your intention.
- Create a physical exercise program. Remember, we don’t just have bodies, we are bodies. Our
bodies, just as our minds, need to be strengthened, cleansed and sometimes psychological
problems dissolve when we engage in physical exercise.
- Practice random acts of kindness and remind yourself of things for which you are grateful.
- Practice discipline: fast not only from food, but from gossip, pettiness, apathy and other bad
- Examine your consciousness at the end of the day. Look at what went well and what could
use improvement. Practice forgiveness and set an intention for the following day.
- Celebrate the “Sabbath.” Leisure is the basis of culture. It is healthy to play and simply
celebrate the goodness of life.
What are you waiting for?
Make the difference in your life today and learn the skills you need to live life with purpose.